I found this great advice on A Cup Of Jo:
I was chatting with a friend one day when her 3-year-old son wanted to say something. Instead of interrupting though, he simply placed his hand on her wrist and waited. My friend placed her hand over his to acknowledge him and we continued chatting.
After she had finished what she was saying, she turned to him. I was in awe! So simple. So gentle. So respectful of both the child and the adult. Her son only needed to wait a few seconds for my friend to finish her sentence. Then she gave him her complete attention.
I’ve finished reading the Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte.
Here are some #Truthbombs that really stuck out to me.
1. We don’t value inner attunement as much as we value outer attainment
2. The Point of life is happiness ~Dali Lama
3. We can alway find a way to justify soul-less goals
4. What you seek is seeking you ~Rumi
5. When you are clear on how you want to feel, you can be open to what life wants to give you.
6. Seriously, it does not matter what they think
7. Be willing to Bite
8. Setteling for crumbs doesn’t keep you fed…it keeps you starving
9. I want to be useful. I want to be respected and visible and I want to be a healthy kind of wealthy.
10. Decide to rise
11. When we stop struggling to make something go the way we want it to, our energy shifts. We surrender to what is and we become willing to face the facts
12. We make goal to avoid pain or seek pleasure…only seek pleasure
13, When you meet resistance on your new journey, remember, I’M CHANGING- your body/mind needs more time to adjust
14. When you feel good, goodness flows
15. How we relate to people is how we relate to life.
16. We accept the love we think we deserve
17. If you ever find yourself in the wrong story – Leave
18. Decide what it is you want. Write that shit down. Make a fucking plan. Work on it. Every. Single. Day.
19. Name it to tame it.
20. Don’ take any shit.
21. Eclipse your fear
22. Don’t say maybe when you want to say no.
23. Raise your standards and the universe will meet you there.
I’m a feminist. I strongly believe in women’s equality in the workplace and am vocal about my rights.
I’m not confident in my self.
I struggle to answer what my strengths are and never have been able to confidently and comfortably say what I bring to the table.
It sucks because I feel SO confident 99% of the time until I have to talk about myself. I have a new opportunity on the horizon and when asked what I bring to the table I could only answer with projects that I have worked on and my physical experience. Not my inner qualities, not the extensive knowledge that I have with over 10 years in the corporate world, or that I run a marketing program successfully with almost no budget for an international multi-million dollar corporation.
So the other night. I sat down and researched…what do Marketing Managers do and as I’m reading through the descriptions…I read, yep I do that, I did that, I know a ton about that ….I now have my list and it feels so GOOD!
What does Amanda bring to the table?.
new product development
social media content calendars
social media management and creation
Small budget marketing initiatives
promotional product development (giveaways etc, branded bags etc)
Some times 10 minuets and a little outside inspiration are all you need to bump your confidence.