As Memorial Day is fast approaching, it means that summer is right around the corner. Warm, humid days, swimming pools, pretty drinks with umbrellas, music, friends and BBQ. As much as I hate HOT weather, I ♥ summer.
Here are 5 trends I’m loving for summer
1. Head to Toe White- nothing says summer like white making it’s way back into your wardrobe. Monotone is always fashionable. Give your all black a rest, and switch to all white. Any outfit can easily transition from day to night, office to BBQ with a few different accessories.
2. Yellow- this sunny color has been making its way on the runways, magazines and on every celebrity. While I can’t personally wear this color, except in certain shades and minimal accessories, I love this color in summer wardrobes.
3. Fringe Bags- I’m so excited to see fringe bags back in demand. I just found one myself at Bronx Diba. If you don’t know, I have a bit of a fringe problem. Even when it isn’t in style, I will always hold a special place for it in my heart.
4. Vintage Swimwear- Good bye string bikinis. One of the more popular styles this summer is vintage swimwear. High-waisted bottoms and sweetheart tops are emerging on beaches and next to pools all over the place. Just be careful with this trend as it doesn’t flatter all body types.
5. Maternity Maxis- I’m in love with all of the cute maxi dresses on the market right now. With my ever expanding waist, it’s nice not to have to worry about squeezing into anything. Just slip on a maxi and I’ll be cool and fashionable all summer long.